Saturday 30 October 2010

Summer Dress Alterations

I was given this dress but didn't like how the waist of it made me look pregnant!


The dress had two strips of the same fabric on each side to tie into a bow at the back. I cut each strip off and used it to add two more rows below the original row, like so:


I sewed these down and was ironing them flat when I burnt a hole on all three rows, RIGHT in the middle of the dress. I was so annoyed- I'd spent ages sewing them and now it was ruined. Or was it?...

I luckily had some of the strips of fabric left over so I sewed them vertically over the burnt patch, only just covering it:


I much prefer the dress now, the strips around my waist make the dress more fitted, and then it has a nice puffing-out skirt. Its a shame I never had a chance to wear it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment