Saturday 30 October 2010

Ruched Bodycon Dress

I loved the Topshop ruched/bandage bodycon dresses this summer, like this one below, but thought I could make one myself pretty easily and save around £35!


I bought some navy blue voile fabric for under a fiver and a zip and set to work. I made a plain dress to start with and then added layers/bandages of strips of fabric over the top of it to make the ruched effect, and to make it less see-through. This was harder than I anticipated as it was difficult to get the strips of fabric to fit perfectly, and I made a bit of a mess near the zip. Which is why I put the zip to go down my side instead of my back- to hide all the freying edges.

I'm pretty happy with the result. Next time I make one I'd put the strips of fabric onto a white dress underneath, like how Topshop did, because I think it makes the ruched-ness of it stand out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment