Thursday 17 February 2011

Lamp Shade Makeover

I have this old lamp but hate the shade so decided to try and update it.

I removed the old shade and was left with this.

I then got some plain thick paper and some designer wallpaper of skyscrapers. I wrapped the plain paper around the lamp first and cut it out bit by bit to get the right shape, and then I used it as a template to cut out the wallpaper.

I put the plain paper on the lamp first and then the wallpaper over the top, to make it a bit thicker, and simply used cellotape to secure it.

I think it looks so much better and the wallpaper matches the room well. It was free too because the wallpaper was a sample.

3 comments:

  1. The lamp looks very classy after your makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I think it looks 1000% better than the original boring shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, I've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. You can see more details on my blog.

    ReplyDelete