Sunday 19 December 2010

Shoe makeover

I really liked the shape and feel of these purple suede shoes, but I wasn't very keen on the colour. They were on sale so I decided to snap them up and give them a makeover.

I used Dunelm black fabric paint and began painting my first coat. I didn't want to dye them because I didn't know how the suede would react to dying. You can see a scuff mark on this shoe which I got after wearing them once, so the light purple colour doesn't seem very durable.

This is how they looked after one coat. The purple still showed through so another coat was needed.

Here they are after two coats. I could probably do with giving them one final coat, but for the moment I like the result. Although I still liked the purple colour the black is much more practical and versatile.

The fabric paint worked well on the suede. The purple zip on the inside of the shoe has been left untouched and adds a bit of variety to the shoe.

1 comment:

  1. They've turned out really well and I like the contrasting zip.

    ReplyDelete